As of May 12, we are permitted to open the studio again. We will be taking extra precautionary measures to deep clean and sanitize the studio and plan to open June 1st, 2020.
Safety Guidelines for lessons at Red School of Music
- All teachers are required by law to wear face masks at all times while on the premises of the RED School of Music. The practicality clause in DeWine’s regulations mandates an exception if there is a practical reason a face mask cannot be worn. Teachers/students are permitted to remove their face mask during a time of singing or demonstration of singing only.
- Teachers and students must respect 6ft social distancing guidelines.
- All students are required to wear face masks if they wish to have in person lessons.
- Students that wish to have in-person lessons are required to have an additional printed folder of their music to give to their teacher (that will stay in the studio) for the duration of the course.
- Only the teacher and student are permitted in the studio during a lesson.
- We ask parents/families to wait in their cars and not in the lobby. The teacher will escort their student to the door at the end of their lesson and at this time the next student may enter. If a student is 6 years of age or younger there is one adult permitted in the lobby for supervision purposes only.
- ALL students MUST wash their hands with soap and water after entering the studio before their lesson begins and after their lesson ends.
- No person under any circumstances will be allowed to enter the studio if they have any of the following symptoms: fever, runny nose, cough or have been exposed to another person with these symptoms or to a COVID-19 case. Any exposure must result in a 14 day self quarantine before the student is permitted back to the premises.
- If a teacher or students’ health/exposure does not allow them to enter the studio we are still able to offer a zoom lesson for them at their allotted time.
- Studios will be sanitized before, between, and after lessons. (Before and after each teaching day the studio rooms will be sanitized. Between lessons the teachers sanitize their hands, the piano keys/bench (for piano students only), and anything that may have had direct contact with a student.
- For small group classes (Reds, Broadway, etc.) all students must stay a minimum of 6 ft away from one another and the teacher at all times. These classes will be held either outdoors or in a large space to take extra precautionary measures. (More details to come).